in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence in the U.S. as well.
Medical Affairs provides medical leadership with market preparation and partnership engagement on all Zealand Pharma products and therapies and supports our internal stakeholders with medical insight and expertise. Medical Affairs aims to lead Zealand in achieving scientific leadership, being a great place to work, and keeping patients at the core of everything we do.
We are a medium-sized biotech with a short chain of command. We are currently a team of 7 (6 based in DK and 1 in US), reporting to the Head of Medical Affairs, and we are looking for the right colleague to add additional competencies to the team.
So, ask yourself:
1) Are you interested in having high visibility and impact on internal and external stakeholders?
2) Are you someone who likes to work on important projects on a global scale?
3) Are you an experienced Health Economist with international experience who wants responsibility for a broad range of tasks?
If the answer to the above is yes, please contact us and take the next step in your career!
- Develop and/or coordinate payer evidence tools (budget impact/cost-effectiveness models, value dossier and value messages)
- Support the planning and development of evidence generation initiative to better understand disease burden, patient pathway and outcomes for Zealand’s product portfolio
- Responsible for all aspects of effective project management, including RFP development, selection of research partners, contract execution, budget planning, protocol design, analytic plan development, oversight of data collection/acquisition, data analysis, etc.
- Provide input to clinical trial design e.g., inclusion of appropriate value/patient-reported outcomes endpoints
- With other R&D teams, develop the patient focused drug development strategy and endpoint selection and collection in clinical trials
- Work cross-functionally with Project Core Teams
- Develop and manage research communication material
- Provide internal training on HEOR/RWE methodologies
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience from the industry or consulting, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- A proven ability to translate clinical data and other benefits into evidence-based economic arguments and deliverables
- Demonstrated expertise in health outcomes research, economic analyses, patient-reported outcomes (PROs), prospective and retrospective observational research
- Demonstrated record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused HEOR tool development
- A Master’s Degree preferably within life science, economics or equivalent background
- Strong methodological, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills are required to facilitate preparation and dissemination of research results to optimize interactions with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong team player, patient centered, commercially aware
- High level of integrity and ethical standards are required
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. For further information, please contact Hanne Beirholm, Beirholm Search at 29440080.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) (“Zealand”) is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company’s business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.